Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

999 Followers... WHAAAAT????

So I just noticed I'm 1 person away from 1000 followers! I'm pretty psyched about that, considering I've been MIA since September! I apologize but this time next year I'll be gearing up for my graduation for my graduate degree in Early Childhood Studies: Teaching Adults.... so I can teach early childhood college classes! I can't tell ya'll how excited I am! I love teaching my babies, but I also LOVE the early childhood field and can't wait to be able to educate others about it! Maybe I could even juggle both, we'll see!

But anywho, I wanted to catch ya'll up on what I have been up to both personally AND in the classroom!!! A LOT has been going on!

Over Spring Break, I went to Alabama and visited my best friend since grade school! We had such a great time together!!! Shopping, getting our nails done, eating out, seeing Oz and eating some delicious cupcakes! AMAZING! =)




A few weeks ago my baby sister and I ran the Color Run in Nashville and had a BLASTY BLAST!
I totally had a green mustachio afterwards- so that was awesome! My lil sis looks adorbs though!
Okay, so my baby sister isn't really a baby... and she isn't little. She's clearly taller than me and loves to point that out often! So thanks Steph!

The day before we ran, we found out my grandpappy passed away. Our family was heartbroken! He left behind a beautiful wife I call my Mama (aka: "mum-ul"), 11 children, over 30 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
Just me with a few of the cousins! Grandpappy finally got his family reunion he always wanted <3

When I found out about Grandpappy, I wanted to do something special in honor of him so I made this and ran with it on my back during the Color Run. 
I had a few people stop me and give me hugs when they realized he had passed the day before. It meant a lot to my sister and I that a stranger would take the time to give their condolences like that.
But my mama has been so strong through it all! <3 We really enjoyed seeing our family after so long, but really wished it were under better circumstances.

I got to hang out with my brother and cousin Kirstie who are also both in the teaching profession! My brother subs in Missouri and LOVES it... and check out his HILARIOUS LICENSE PLATE. He is so funny! My cousin Kirstie is finishing up college soon and I am so proud of her! =)

And one more personal picture.... look how big my niece is getting! She is already 19 months! Where has the time gone?! She has developed (what I call) a "stink face". It's basically an angry scowl when someone comes up in her face when she's not in the mood for it or doesn't know you. It CRACKS. ME. UP! Oh... and I found out that Sonorah is going to be a big sister this fall!!!! I was so shocked and excited!



Okay, now onto some classroom fun!!!

I won this awesome scento marker display from one of my blogging besties "Katie" over at Little Warriors! Her hubby made it! Isn't he talented?!!! The kids LOVED it Katie! Thank you!
 Our art teacher came around and took pictures of all the teachers, blew them up, cut them into little squares and give them to the kids to color in! Afterwards, she collected them and put them back together. These are currently filling up our hallway outside of the office of our school... Didn't they turn out amazing???

I finally got my new rug and LOVE IT!!!!!!! The kids were so excited as well!!! I love how big it is and colorful!




 Lisa, my awesome k-colleague and bestie made everyone of us these fact family flowers! She has a student teacher and tried to make a few things while her student teacher was teaching! How precious did these turn out????

Yesterday we planted our flower seeds and I used colorful popsicle sticks with their names on them. (The popsicle sticks just so happen to match their table colors!)



This week we finished up our letter writing unit by writing letters to a soldier that is serving overseas! The kids did a wonderful job and some of their pictures were so adorable....

Dear Soldier, My name is Mashayla. I am 5 years old. Thank you for fighting bad guys. Love, Mashayla

Dear Army man or woman, My name is Josie. I am five years old. Thank you for keeping us safe. What is your favorite color? My favorite color is purple. Love your new friend, Josie <3


I LOVE her drawing!!!!


Check out the Eagle! =)



Dear Soldier, My name is Anthony. I am 6 years old. Thank you for saving my family. Do you have kids? Love, Anthony

Dear Soldier, My name is Courtney, I am 5 years old. Thank you for keeping us safe. What are you doing there? Love, Courtney

My name is Dezirae. I am 5 years old. Thank you for risking your life and keeping me safe. Love, Dezirae


We also made flower diagrams... they turned out so precious!!!
2 were absent, so they'll make theirs on Monday! ;)

This one was made by one of my little artists! We labeled the flower parts and added what the flower needs to grow! (Sun, rain, soil and love!) I only stapled one side of the dirt so you can open it up like a book to see the roots underneath!

Well that's what my spring 2013 has looked like!!! I hope to be back again soon with some more end of the year fun! Thank you all for being such loyal followers and sticking with me this year!!! I may have a freebie or two coming your way!!!!!!!! =)

3 comments:

  1. Jessica - I'm sitting at 995 so I hear you on that number. :o) Looks like you had a fun week. I'm doing the color run soon and can't wait! Love your back bib for grandpa - I ran a 1/2 marathon with something like that on my back for my mom who passed away to cancer. Your rug is awesome - I'm so jealous!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is an amazing rug. It brightens up your entire room. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks great! & wow you have a lot of followers!! I'm your newest one!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.