Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love Notes

Hey y'all!!! I know it's been way too long since my last post! But I've got some super cute Vday, St. Patty's Day and Easter clipart just waiting for me to create some freebies with- so maybe next weekend I will get some creative juices flowing! But for now, I'm linking up with Amy from Literacy and Laughter to share my love notes! =) (Click the heart above to go to her post!)

“Lovely List”
Name: Jessica
Grade you Teach: Kindergarten
State: Tennessee
Birthday: May 4th
Favorite Colors: Teal and Pink (me too Amy!!!) =)
Lucky Number: 30
Favorite Subject to Teach: Literacy
Go to Snack: Lately it's been jazz apples, popcorn or this amazingness...

TV Show: The Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, Modern Family, GLEE, Drop Dead Diva, oh the list could go on... ;)
Last Movie You Watched: African Cats- it was amazing!
Music You are Loving Right Now: Elenowen- ya'll need to check them out!!! They are amazing!
Always shopping at: Target, Old Navy,
Word of the day: DANCE!!! -My 16 month old niece has been doing it all night! I love it! =)



“We’d all love to know…”

What are your favorite hobbies or what do you enjoy doing during your free time? I love to be crafty, play with my niece, read, spend time with the family, and go to the movies!

Your favorite vacation destination? The BEACH. =)

The best advice you’ve been given? "You should avoid talking bad about yourself because it poisons your mind with negativity. Anytime you hear criticism- from others or yourself- it has the potential to be extremely disheartening and lead to more negative thoughts and feelings. You can't control whether someone else talks badly about you, but you can certainly avoid speaking disapprovingly about yourself. Don't validate your self-deprecation by speaking those thoughts out loud or even by allowing them to stay in your mind." - Angela Watson "Awakened"

Most rewarding part of teaching? Hearing my students read, write and master their math skills while using the strategies I've taught them! =)

What are you known for? Hah! Teacher wise- I'm creative and a great team-player. (B/c my k-team is so AMAZING!) And my teacher friends compliment me on my blog!!! =)

2 random facts:

#1: I'm famous. (In case you didn't know...)  Okay, not really- I'm totally joking. My sister sold a picture of us as kids in our tap-dancing costumes to awkward family photos...
 and since then we've been on a puzzle....
"THE" puzzle...
the opening credits of the NBC show "Best Friends Forever" (which didn't last long- I wasn't too impressed!)
Here's my .04 millisecond of fame! It's at the 3 second mark... It's the little things friends! ;)


 and most recently, the 2013 Awkward Family Photos mini-calendar! hahaha
We're on October's page! =)


#2: I think my cat- Beyonce is going through her teenage phase. She really enjoys scaring the heeby jeebies outta me! One day I was searching all over for her around my tiny little house... and here is where I find her (she was stuck too- LOL) 
Most recently, her hiding spot was in my backpack... I was working on my master's and went to grab a pen from my backpack and she popped her head out and scare the living daylight out of me! I about died from laughter. Silly girl!

The Loves of Your Life: 
My niece- Sonorah
 I didn't think she could get any cuter... and then I put pigtails in her hair for the first time. She she LOVED them. I can't handle it. Tonight- Nana put in "African Cats" while she was eating dinner and Nay-nay was glued! I was too! I love movies like that! Anywho- at the end, she came back from taking a bath and started to play. As the credits started rolling and a pretty song was playing, she started to shake her booty and head at the same time as she was trying to dance and I just couldn't handle all the cuteness at once! All I could do was laugh! I'm pretty much obsessed with her. I'm one of THOSE aunts.

You've already seen a picture of Beyonce tonight... but I have to share this one of Nala- who clearly loves me so much in this picture!

This is Jovie. I'm stealing her from my sister... ;) She stayed with me all last week and I've talked my sis into giving her to me for another week...


Now it's YOUR turn to create your LOVE NOTE post and link up with Amy!



6 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Oh my!!! I LOVE so many things about your post! : ) Teal and pink, literacy,... your adorable tap dance picture (so funny!!!), and that your cat is named Beyonce! : ) Is she a total diva? ;) I am off to check out Elenowen.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dance picture -- on a puzzle, even -- I am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of "those" aunts, too. My kids are in college now, but my sister has a two year old who i absolutely adore! Sophia!! She is just so much fun, and I love having her come stay with me and doing all the things I used to do with my kids when they were little. Being an aunt is so much fun! My cousin is expecting twins, and I'm just begging my sister to figure out how to make that happen for her!! I can't even imagine how much fun twins would be. My sister says I'm crazy!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just clicked on your link to Elenowen and they are great! Thanks. BTW, I am your newest blog follower.

    jennifer.agolino@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family LOVES awkward family photos! We have all the books and one day my 13 year old son and I were on the website for hours laughing until we were crying. You are famous in my eyes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I have totally seen your tap dancing photo before. That is awesome! I love awkward family photos. lol.

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate!