Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Counting On Winter Penguin Freebie!

Hey ya'll! So I made this back in December to practice counting on with my kids! I ended up being really sick and having a sub use these, but she did a great job! I just printed them off onto cardstock and laminated them. Then had the sub use a dry erase marker and model counting on from a given number a few times. Then I had her call on kids (by pulling popsicle sticks with the kids names on them) to come up and complete a counting on card on the document reader. If a child got stuck, they could reference the 100s chart, calendar, number line, or the class could help them if they wanted! The sub said they had a great time with it! (Click on the little square with an arrow, to have the screen pop up so you can download it. Let me know if it doesn't work!)

Once they had plenty of practice whole group, I made this recording sheet for my student's to complete for independent work! (I made them 2 to a page to save paper, which is why there are two of the same sheet in this document.)  The kids loved having it half size b/c it was little like them! =) I did not print the recording sheet in color, just in black and white b/c lets be honest, it probably gets tossed as soon as their parents get it! Am I right? =)

You could even pop this into a math station too for more practice! 

Be sure to leave me a comment if you like them! I'd love to post some more freebies I've created lately if ya'll like this! =)
Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the freebie! I love it! I have found that many of my kindergarten students are struggling with numbers this year (especially 11-20). This will be a great whole group activity that can become a center for them.
    Michelle
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great winter vacation spent and I hope you are well too now. Great article and keep posting I just loved your work. Good luck and keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.