Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

New school year, new degree, new hair, new blog design


Hey y'all! Im so excited! I am officially done with grad school and can spend more time on school... For now anyways. ;) I've been missing this ol blog and trying to catch up on all that I have missed. So with a fresh new start I wanted to have a new blog design. I just love it! If you're looking for a good designer, go check out Megan at:
A Bird in Hand Designs

I was so glad to find her! She totally read my mind for what I wanted. 

Onto school stuff... My k team and I had our first day with all our kiddos yesterday. So we had to take our annual first day of school pic! One of my teammates' best friend works at her family's local sporting goods store and they've made a few shirts we wanted. These ones are my fav! Our initials are on the front and formed into the shape of an apple. So cute and so soft! 
(Side note: I'm a brunette now! It's not the best pic but you can def tell how dark it is now! I'm still getting used to it.)
On the back we have our school initials and grade level.  We're dorks and made muscle arms to show we were ready for the kinders!

I had to show you these cute activities my classroom neighbor, Bethany did....


Aren't they precious? She made a smaller version of the No David craft. It's too cute!


I believe she found this idea on a blog through Pinterest. I'm totally doing this next week in small groups when we're working on names.





Last week we read The Kissing Hand and made their handprints to go with the story.


The poem I used was found in a oldie from First Grade Blue Skies. I tried to look it up, but I think  she's updated the packet to make it even better and sells it on TPT now!

Photobucket



Later I got out a mystery bag filled with school supplies and introduced them one by one. As I pulled each item out of the bag we would go over the rules of what to do and not to do with them. Then I'd model how to use them with the activity page below. We did it step by step and I gave them about 10 minutes to do each and they were so engaged. They did a great job too! 
 

You can find the activity page on kindertrips' blog under her freebies called "back to school worksheets".



I wrote out the morning message so we could practice echo reading as I tracked the words.

And we wrote our first predictable chart out.


Everything else I did was teach them rules and procedures! It was a great first week and am excited for all the fun activities planned next week. We'll be working on our names, the sight words I & am, identifying the author and illustrator of a story and naming the roles of each, and more rules and procedures! 


1 comment:

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate!