Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A sale and linky party!

Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that everything in my teacherspayteachers store is 20% off! My sale will go through July 5th, since I didn't join in on the sale until now! =)




I'm also joining up with Latoya from Flying into First Grade for this fun little linky party!



How it Works:  Look at the graphic below.  It is a Tic Tac Toe board filled with different categories.  You will post about three of these categories but they have to make Tic Tac Toe.  For example, you can choose to write about 3 topics that go vertical, or 3 topics that go horizontal, or three topics that go diagonal. 

I went to ________ (college) and a favorite memory...

I went to Eastern Illinois University!

It's hard to pick just one favorite memory b/c I have so many amazing ones there!

Like for instance... my graduation day...

But because 
 so much....

I have to share one more....

I attended a church on campus and had the oppurtunity to raise funds to go on a missions trip to Port de Paix, Haiti.  While we were there, we helped a local school teach children about the gospel and also spent a day at an orphanage. This was my absolute favorite part! Loving on kids who wanted to feel loved. This was us about 5 minutes after entering the orphanage....

 Snuggling with some sweet kids!

I will never forget these beautiful girls...

I got these two sweeties to stop crying... they were fighting on who got to sit with me so this was taken during that moment... sweet girls! I just wanted to take them home to the good ol' US of A with me!

I let them braid my hair and they loved it!

So needless to say... that is one memory I will NEVER forget!

Share about your first year of teaching...
My first year was... well.... lets just say I don't enjoy jogging down memory lane... there were SEVERAL snow days and we ended up making up for it by adding 30 minutes to the end of every day. We also a change in administration. (It's all good now though... LOVE our admins!) It was also the year of the Nashville floods. Which hit Clarksville just as bad... just didn't get as much news coverage since we aren't a big city. We were out for a week due to the floods. There was a lot more drama that year that I don't want to share but I was so glad when that year was over! Every year since has been wonderful though! =) I made some amazing friends, have a WONDERFUL class every year and just love my school! I've been teaching at the same school since I started teaching. =)

My favorite grade to teach and why...
Well that's a hard question to answer... sometimes I wonder what it would be like to teach 1st grade... but I think I'd miss kindergarten too much! I love that my kids are blank slates in August b/c I get to see so much growth that no one besides a kindergarten teacher will understand. I love that they can come in knowing NOTHING at all... no letters, numbers, or even how to identify their own name... but by the end of the year they are reading and writing paragraphs! It's such a wonderful time for kids and I love being able to give them a great start to their educational career! Maybe one day I'll venture out and try out 1st grade... but for now, I'm happy with my kindergarten babies and awesome teammates! 


Well if you've read all my blabbering, thanks so much for sticking around! I can't wait to get in my classroom in 3 weeks and start setting things up! I'm enjoying summer break until then so I'm sorry for my lack of posting! I hope ya'll are enjoying summer and taking it easy! 


Ms.G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.