Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

FIrst week back- stations and organization!

Hey all- just wanted to share some pictures of what I've been up to these past few days!!! 

I changed my station tub labels finally so they match each station label on the rotation chart! Now I don't have to run around the room looking for each activity and where the kids put it! (I was originally using these tubs to differentiate seatwork station- but that  will come later!)
New tub labels!


Here are my centers for our first week back....

Work work center: rhyming words

Big book center (FREE response page found HERE)

Writing center (I still need to print off the picture cards!) I'm going to have them make a list of things they need to build a snowman! (page from packet found HERE)
Our ABC station- stamping word family words

 These are their anchor tubs- activities to do for the early finishers!
Opposites game
Color word songs and matching colors to color word activiity

Puzzles
Fine motor skills
Classification puzzles

Pocket Chart Station
Recording sheet for pocket chart center
can be found in packet HERE (TPT)


Where we keep their library books and check-out folders! This helps me see who has library books to return throughout the day!

New mailbox system!!! =)

After a hard morning- I opened up my planner to discover this scripture I had written for the New Year a while back!.... talk about a God moment =)

Finally posted the dramatic play center words I bought this summer from Growing Kinders!

And funny story- as I was cleaning and putting all their dramatic play toys into bins, I noticed the baby dolls that have been in the room since i started 4  years ago and never realized how OLD they are! hahaha- I think it's about time to get some new ones... ;)


My room - all ready for my kiddos!



New week we are beginning our unit on shapes! I made this chart (inspired by the one found on Kindergarten, Kindergarten!) to fill out as we learn about each shape! 

Here are pictures of our math stations this week:

Trace each shape with stickers

pattern block puzzles


shape puzzles- i love how these have real life objects to match!

Kids will use playdoh to make shapes (We were going to use wiki-stix, but I'm out!)



And I washed the chair pockets my mom made over break and put new name tags in them! 



 Inside their chair pocket- they keep their writing folders, math journals, poetry journals and crayon pouch!

 And on their tables, the little caddy holds extra pencils, glue bottles, and glue sticks.

Hope everyone is having a great start to 2013!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all of your shape centers and anchor chart. We'll be starting shapes here soon, too!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment on Amanda's blog! I really appreciate it! You are so right...it isn't about the numbers! I just want to give ideas back and I have said it before....make enough on TpT to support my own TpT habit! I, like so many of us, have spent TONS of my own money on there, so I thought, if I could create some products others might like...great! I know I can't compete with top sellers, never will and honestly don't want to! I don't have that kind of time! I have 3 daughters, 17, 12 and 6!
    I think your blog is adorable! I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! I have a CCBB wall in my classroom and a CCBB tree that I have had for years,since I taught Kdg, and can't get rid of because I love it so much! Take care!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrote the scripture verse ahead of time in your calendar. What a great idea! Just curious, but did you get your blue baskets from Target this year? I have the green ones, but the blue would definitely match my room better :) Yes, I'm crazy enough to go buy new baskets just to match. Oh, and I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate!