Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Busy bees!

Hey all! I'm so sad... I was at school until 6:30 on Friday getting stations ready and forgot to take pictures before I left! So I hope I can remember to on Monday! =)
But for now... I have a few pictures of some Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees we made during small groups this past week! I got the idea from Deanna Jump and Jennifer Tilton. They turned out so cute! Now keep in mind... I let my kiddos make them, without any of my "input"as to where to put the leaves and such. I like to see them making choices as to where to place the leaves and stickers. =) It makes them more unique! I just helped them when it came to taking the back off their stickers. And I also highlighted most of my kid's names to trace b/c all but 5 kids can actually write them currently.... so we have our work cut out for us! (It just gives us lots of room to grow!)
Here are a few pics...
Our beautiful hallway display!

Standard #1
Standard #2

After we finished our trees.... I held each one up and we counted the letters in each students name and graphed them on the document reader! =)

 Here are a few close-ups!!!





I'm so sorry for my lack of posting! The kids and I are finally starting to settle in with the routines and rules... so hopefully I'll get more time to take pictures throughout the day! But until then.... Thanks for following! =) 

Have a wonderful 3 day weekend!!! 

14 comments:

  1. I am going to have to get a half
    Day sub and come over there- I want to see your room irl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see you! =) You crack me up!

      Delete
  2. Names is on my to do list this week. Your stuff looks awesome!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! We always make Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees but never to this extent... it's definitely going on the to-do list.
    Thanks!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do I find your unit? On TpT?
    Terry
    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have your I Can posters on your TpT? We now have to post them and yours are perfect! I bought Deanna Jump's unit, so now I will prep the materials tomorrow. Good thing it is a holiday.
    Terry
    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send them to you in an email! =)

      Delete
  6. If you don't mind, I'd like a copy of those two "I can" posters. They are just perfect. I LOVE this display! I was planning on doing Chicka Chicka this week. Thank you for sharing!
    ~Andi
    andi_monroe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi- I will try and upload them on scribd as a freebie tomorrow since I've had a couple requests! So check back then! =)

      Delete
  7. I love the idea for the how many letters in my name graph. We are making these trees next week and that is a great extension. I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, It's so much fun.

    Thanks
    teachingwildalaska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you buy your letters, if so where? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the letters in the dollar bins at Target!!! =) You can usually find them throughout the year! My kindergarten team found some at Dollar Tree too!!!! =)
      Jessica

      Delete
  9. Hi Jessica - we do the same project but I love your little writing on it. Very cute! Just love starting the year off with Chicka, Chicka! I got my letters in the $1 bins too. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.