Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Alphabet Centers & # 0-10 math centers

Hello friends!!! I am truly missing out on keeping this blog updated- but I am so physically exhausted when I get home, and after catching a stomach bug floating around our school over the weekend- I am so drained! I'm really trying to get better at posting more this year-  I promise!

I finally figured out what to put in this awesome shelf I was given this year! I put all my ABC centers in it! =) 
In the tubs you can see:
Letter building mats and blocks (lowercase AND uppercase)
ABC wikki stix mats
ABC tracing mats 
letter magnets with chicka chicka boom boom mat (for retelling)
uppercase/lowercase matching puzzle
letter/sound matching puzzles
beginning sound matching puzzles 
magnetic letter matching mats
ABC playdoh mats (from lyonsdenresources.com- Andy Lyons actually taught K in my school district! He's a principal here now! So cool!) 
I wish I had 2 more shelves like this for math manipulatives and a word work center! =)

Now moving onto math... this is our stations from LAST week! I've kept a few of them the same this week (so I'll try to take pictures tomorrow of the new ones!)
I haven't started using recording sheets yet- we are still practicing the routines and working quietly during center time. I think I'll start introducing them next week!
matching numbers to quantity mats

touch math puzzles

playdoh center 

counting center

I love the beads- found them at Joann's if you are interested!

The whole center- I have number word ones too for my kids who are ready.

 number/ number word tracing center


While I was working in small groups today, I discovered some of my kids are having such a hard time counting objects to 10. So I have to stick with identifying numbers with them for now. It's so different for us to teach numbers this early on... normally we haven't taught numbers until later in the year.... so the kids are getting their numbers and letters mixed up. So I'm going to have to work on that too! Common Core has been great b/c I feel it's easier to figure out what specific skills my students are struggling with!

Anyone else have any great number/counting activities I can do with my kinders??? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Until next time...
OH! And check out my awesome Bear Buck pocket chart I made! They kids earn bear bucks for good choices! =) Then they can spend the bear bucks on rewards!

1 comment:

  1. I love your bear buck chart! What a cute idea :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.