Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Shop-a-holic

I am so sorry for my lack of posting lately friends! My summer has been busier than expected! The past week I have had way too much fun buying things for school! (I can start working my classroom on the 24th and I'm super excited about it!)

Here's the first slew of stuff I found in my first trip to Target!

I bought these 4 packs of play-doh to use at the beginning of the year! I thought it would be great to put out with my alphabet and number mats!

An ABC and 1-10 puzzle! Can't have enough puzzles in kindergarten!

Some frog erasers and stars/heart erasers- I thought these would be great for a math station- they can make patterns, sort, count, etc!

I got 3 packs of these letter stickers. I thought these would be great to mix together and have the kids sort in the ABC station!

Some cute buckets for sorting activities in centers!

A fun microphone for when the kids are speaking to the class and a little, squishy, earth ball I thought would be good for the beginning of the year. I thought this would be great to teach them "If you don't have the microphone or ball, you are not to speak, unless the teacher calls on you."

nametags- think I got enough? lol

This is so cool! It's a slip cover for their chairs! They had it in 3 different colors. But I bought it for handwriting at the beginning of the year! 
Each day we pick one student. I model how to write that student's name neatly and the kids follow what I do. Then I  teach them how to draw that person. We do this every day until we've done every child in the class! (At the end of the day, I bind all their drawings together, put a cover on ti and a note explaining the activity so the kids have a special book to take home and treasure forever!

 So I thought this slipcover would be a fun way for the kids to know who the star student is that day!

I saw these file folders and had to have them! They were NOT $1. lol But so cute! {from Target}

I also needed a new planner for the year. I really wanted an Erin Condren one... but can't get myself to spend that much on a planner. (I would if I could afford it... but I'm trying to get out of debt!)

Target had a pack of these pens for $2.00. And it actually had 2 of every color- but I gave the other half to my sister b/c we got planners together and she was so excited that I gave her some colorful pens to use in hers too! I love making my sisters smile!

I've already got my school dates in there! =) Am I the only nerd that gets excited to write in a new calendar/planner???

This planner is great b/c is has a section of graph paper- which I plan on using for reminders/notes for the month! 

Then it has the weekly pages!


And I just got my 100s chart that I won in a giveaway from Mrs Bremer's Kindergarten!!!







Mrs. Bremer's Kindergarten
 
I am so excited b/c I was wanting one for next year b/c I love how you can switch the sides when teaching number patterns! I plan on using this 100s chart daily! So thank you again Mrs. Bremer!!!





Now on my 2nd day of school shopping, I happened to find this ADORABLE ABC chart at Fred's for $1.00!!! Yup... that's right. Just ONE!!! And it's adorable... I was going to buy one at the teacher store... that was priced around $25, but when I saw this... I thought it was perfect! The clipart is so precious and they have the handwriting arrows on each letter! It's the normal size of the ABC strips you put near your carpet area too! So this was my favorite find so far!



I probably won't use the vowel strip b/c I use the glue bottles from the wonderful Teacher Wife!
The Teacher Wife
While at Fred's... I also got a white tub (not pictured) to use for my Intervention basket! It was inspired by a fellow teacher blogger in my district-


Check out her blog b/c it's adorable and she has wonderful ideas to share!!!



I also made a trip to the teacher store because I needed some new border for my bulletin boards! I was originally going to do all green and white polka dots... but they were out!!! But I decided to go with these 3 colors against a back background! I can't wait to see what it will look like!

I am also going to be using a new calendar- more pictures to come of this when I get into my classroom!!!

Trends was having a special... Buy 2, get 1 free... so I ended up getting the positions poster for FREE! The owl one I will use to keep track of my student's books read for AR!

And my most recent trip to Target {which was today} I found the trays that I plan on using to store different types of writing paper. I was so excited about the plastic sleeves so I don't have to make so many copies for centers now!!! I got a few more nametags (enough for the 1st week of school) and then thse cat file folder is for my cat's vet files! It was $1.00 so I had to get them! haha


So that is what I've been up to lately!

But stay tuned because I have some freebies coming your way!!!

14 comments:

  1. I love writing in a new planner!! I have my new one, my principal gives us one each year for teacher appreciation week, but I haven't written it in yet. Target stores around me do not have teacher stuff in the dollar spot yet, but I am very excited! Especially since I got a sneak peek at what I could find!
    Thanks!
    Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the Erin Condron Planner on my bday wishlist for my mom! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it! I get the same excitement over a planner and pens!! I am at the beach, but I think I need to head to target tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purchases are fantastic! I love the chair clip cover-I am going to have to check that out. I am eager for your freebies!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the chair slip cover at the Clarksville target! I actually got it when I was home in Mt. Juliet! =) So definitely keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  4. i am SO a nerd, too , as I love writing in my yearly planner:) I JUST went to Fred's this evening & saw the SAME alpha line...LOL so funny!! Cute finds you have:)

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a lot of wonderful things. I need to go check out my Target's Dollar Spot. And I love your planner... I think I have the same one, but with a different cover. And I absolutely love to fill it in, all color coordinated and new. Enjoy!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you got. Awesome shopping. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥ it! That felt like I just went shopping. I'm your newest follower. I'm sure you have this award but in case you don't I wanted to award you the Versatile Blog Award. Head on over to my blog to get your award and if you've already won one, congrats!

    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You got some fabulous goodies! I LOVE Target! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your finds. I'm the same way with planners. I took my niece who is almost 2 to Target with me when I was picking out my new planner. She wanted three of them and I had a hard time getting her to put them back. I got a small one so I could put it in my purse but now I'm wanting the bigger one. Love the pens. I might have to get some to color code my planner.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly hit the jackpot! I'm loving your blog and can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're not alone- I love writing for the first time in a new planner or notebook! Great finds!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the alphabet chart from Fred's I wish I had a Fred's around:(

    I am your newest follower:)
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  13. FINALLY have time to catch up on my blog reading, hence this very late comment :) Loved seeing all of your goodies! I'm so glad you can use the pocket chart, & thanks for the shout-out too!
    Anita
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.