Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Classroom Day 2

I am a little late posting this! I went into school this afternoon, but didn't work in my room. I helped Bethany paint a wall in hers and start setting up, and spent some time catching up with co-workers! But here are some pictures of what I accomplished on Wednesday! =)
Have a few more things to do here--- add glue bottle vowels to top of my abc chart, then finish my calendar and literacy focus board

My library shelf looks horrible. I need to figure out what to do with all my reading buddies!

I love how much sunshine we get in our building with the big windows! We turn the lights off a lot to save energy since we have so much natural light.

All organized!

I'm going to display student work on this bulletin board and then I was given this shelf with bins you see in the middle and am so excited!!! I'll work on that tomorrow too1

I think I"ll display my word family posters on that bulletin board =) --- b/c they can't reach it and that means the words won't get rubbed off! ;)

Pocket chart is up and my small group area is organized!

My monthly storage bins!

My adorable Common Core Standards display thanks to Deanna Jump!!! =) She also has these for 1st grade! I'm going to post my HF words and letters we are learning on the apple chart! (We use the bus to sing "The word on the bus/The letter on the bus" song found here.)

Where I'll store extra supplies and the top 4 little bins are for my teacher aid! =) Side note: the behavior chart will not stay there!

The writing Center- not sure if I like it this way yet...

9 comments:

  1. Your rug area is so cozy! Your room looks so cute! I have been able to get into mine, but it is going so slow when you re-do everything. Your charts and standards posting are too precious!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks so organized! Wow! Great job. I also love the black background of the boards. I was also given one of those shelf things that holds the plastic bins and I am putting their supplies in them like paper, pencils, glue, etc... but I teach 3rd grade so that is a little different. Good luck with the rest of your room! Love it so far!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got so much done! I love your clouds. What is posted at the top of your writing center board that I got a glimpse of? They look right up my alley. Our school theme is "Wild" and the K5 mascot is a zebra.

    Donna W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks great! Did you make the Author and Illustrator posters? That's a great idea!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Thanks for giving us a peak inside your classroom.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I am in love with your classroom!! LOL

    I can't wait to get into my classroom... still have like 3 more weeks! ugh

    BTW I am your newest follower and so glad I found your blog!

    Sara
    Teaching Munchkins

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.