Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

If you liked my monthly 3 drawer labels... wait til you see this!

So I've been wanting to move all my files into binder form and what better way to do it than monthly? I didn't want to have TOO MANY binders... b/c I don't have much storage space left in my classroom, so what I thought I would make was a binder for each month with 5 dividers in each labeled for:
reading
math
writing
unit (science/social studies)
and other! 
That way I can bring my binder with me to planning with my k team and not have to search through my file cabinet for the themed file each week! =) I think I'm going to stick with a 1" binder b/c I will only keep one copy of each paper in it! (I'll recycle any leftovers!) 
Here's a little sneak peek at the finished product! I have a fun little scrapbook cutter that I used to cut the binder spine labels neatly b/c I stink at cutting free hand! =) I'm thinking I"ll laminate them so they'll slide in easier and not bend! 

I've created a kit for 1" binders, 1.5" binders, 2" binder and 3" binders. I'll be posting this on TPT soon, as my first item to sell! It took a lot of work to get these together so I hope you like them! =) I'll let you know when they are posted.

Oh, and the first 3 to comment will get them for FREE!!!!! =) These will be perfect to go with my free monthly drawer labels!  This way you can put all your laminated centers in the drawers sorted by ziplock baggies and keep all your recording sheets/worksheets in the binder! I'll let ya'll know when they are posted if you are interested! =) Have a great Sunday!

25 comments:

  1. These look great, just what I need to get organised. I can't wait to see what else you add to your store!

    Kylie
    downunderteacherblog@gmail.com
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a copy. Too Cute!

    primarygraffiti(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy! Super cute!!!

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I am number 4, but I just wanted to leave you some love. It's 3:15 am here in TN and I can't sleep. I'm blog hopping and came across your blog. Love it! I love hearing about your team and how supportive you are for each other. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too cute! Missed the giveaway, but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too funny....Last week I went to the teacher next door and we were trying to decide how to organize and store our centers and stations. That night I saw your post and downloaded your drawer labels. (And called said fellow teacher!) Yesterday we bought the drawers. (In the pouring down rain!) One of my summer projects is to convert flies to binders, too so these will be PERFECT!!!! I can't wait until you post these!!!

    Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I'm working on organizing my stuff monthly. I'd love to organize by binders. But having 2 grade levels it's hard to organize all my materials. Seeing all this fun stuff I desperately need a printer and laminator at home. Maybe when I get back from my honeymoon.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this will be so super. I LOVE to have my stuff in binders but I have them by nine weeks now. I think I better get to rounding up empty binders to convert to your system. Those are way too cute. Good job! Please post when you sell them.
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO cute, Jessica!! LOVE them!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooo cute!! LOVE them!!

    Jennifer
    jenniferlalsip(at)yahoo(dot)com
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  11. Organizing by the month seems like a terrific idea! I need to streamline my take-home bag!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love these! I have been spending the summer working on organization for next year. ♥
    www.kindergartenisthebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, I am so excited about this, and this is the same way I organize my files too! I for sure will be purchasing these!!! :)

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute and you did an amazing job! If this is your first TpT item, then I look forward to all the other items you'll have to offer in the future! :)

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog and started following it. I love the labels. I've been thinking about organizing my items into monthly binders as well.

    Kristen
    Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute!! May I please, pretty please have a copy too?? ;o) Please?
    Always,
    Brenna

    Team Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look awsome,you inspired me to make one!

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just leaving you some love...that looks fabulous!!!I'm checking it out in your TPT store! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! What a great way to start organizing my binders!

    Gladys
    http://teachinignhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog! We are your new followers! If you get a chance, come and check us out too! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love these too! Will you have a June option on TpT? I am still in school and won't be out until Friday! I would need a June one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Keep us updated! I need those and will be purchasing! :)

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog!! Woohoo!!! I am so glad I found it. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you stop by mine sometime.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.