Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Addition game and Building Beavers

So we lucked out with the past few storms! The worst of them hit south of us, but we still had a lot of rain that caused some flooding,  power outages, roof damange and TONS of trees down. This picture doesn't even do the storm clouds justice.... they were scary! =(

But thank the Lord we made it through! 


We have been learning how to add in math this month and here my kiddos are after learning how to play Go Fish- addition style. We got this game idea off of Shari Sloane's website: kidscount1234.com

She has a lot of great printables so check her out!



Our school district requires us to post our standards in kid friendly language and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. Here is our standards we are planning to cover this week!



Last week we talked about the main idea of a story. We created a web about what we learned after reading Building Beavers.... they did a GREAT job!



The next day we compared and contrasted a beaver's home to a people home. They laughed at me b/c didnt' make my boxes big enough for my large handwriting! hehe



I fixed up my writing center this week... I added our word family posters and moved our writing materials shelf closer! They love it!




Other than that, we have been busy little bees and they are working hard! I'm so sad for this year to end in 3 weeks, but really looking forward to starting off next year with a fresh start! It will be my 3rd year teaching and I have SO many great ideas to do that i have to keep a notebook so I'll remember! =) I can't wait!

(I apologize that some of the photos seem blurry- I left my digital at home so these are from my cell phone!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I just came to your site to check it out and you are really working hard with your class. It's hard for me to believe you have only been in kinder for 2 years. Wow!
    You are a superstar.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog visit and kind comment. I sure hope my kids' teachers like their gifts :) Looks like you're a great teacher--and lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from TN too! Those storms were nasty! Great blog! I love your site!

    www.lessonplandiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your word family posters!!!! Did you make those yourself? Where did you get the cute posters?

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and 'hatas' don't hate! If it's spam- it WILL be deleted.