- You come home with some sort of marker or paint on your hands and clothes every night.
- You get bummed when it rains because you can't go outside for recess and let the kids get their wiggles out!
- You own more children books than you do your own personal books to read at home.
- You get excited when you get a gift card to a book store.
- 3 words: Target. Dollar. Section.
- 2 more words: Dollar. Tree.
- You buy the Dora the Explorer and Spiderman band-aids b/c they just make the booboos feel better!
- Love to see your students "kiss your brain!"
- You have to repeat yourself 10485920404 times a day...
- You have to remind your students to close the door when they are using the bathroom.
- You have to remind your students to pull up their pants BEFORE coming out of the bathroom.
- You know the meaning of bubbles and duck-tales.
- You have mastered the art of walking backwards in the hallway.
- You know that Criss-cross applesauce is the new way of sitting "indian style".
- You would have the magical powers to fix "listening ears" when they seem to be broken.
- You have no shame when it comes to dancing and singing to jams like "Tooty-ta" and other fun songs
- You receive at least 5 hugs per child and several "I love you's" throughout the day!!!
- You know that you are the coolest human alive when the words "It's time for recess!" comes out of your mouth.
- You know several versions of the clean up song.
- You have to teach your students about good tattles and bad tattles.
- You are referred to the "best teacher ever!!!" every time the kids get to do something they WANT to do. (Even though for most, you're their only teacher they have ever had... haha! But it still makes me smile!)
- You smile when you get called "mom" because it's the biggest compliment you could ever receive. =)
- You can never have enough crayons and glue sticks.
- You know what "a dab will do ya!" means....
- Your definition of a "whisper voice" is clearly not the same as your student's..
Thursday, March 31, 2011
You know you're a Kindergarten Teacher when...